Location: Near Basingstoke - Duration: Whole day - Participation: For groups of between 40 to 60 people
An exciting, innovative and challenging team activity. The challenge for the team is to raise a substantial wooden barn in a day! This event as well as being great fun is a natural and effective teambuilding event. It is also used as an 'intelligent' or 'learning' event with specific focus on team development, leadership development, the human side of project management, and as a kick start in changing brand values. Depending on your outcomes we can tailor the day to meet your specific needs.
Every participant has the opportunity to be hands on in terms of construction and raising the barn, and will also belong to a sub team with specific responsibilities:-
- Co-ordinators head up the whole project
- Safety team assess risk and manage a safe environment
- Tool bank team maintains the tool bank and educates how best to use the equipment
- Constructors are responsible for constructing and securing the main frames
- Cladders focus on walls, doors and windows
- Roofers are trained to work safely at height
- Journalists are responsible for making a visual record of the day using stills and video camera work
Mid-morning the first frame will be raised and the physical aspect of the barn raising will have started. Everyone will have to work together with enthusiasm and industry from this moment.
The goal is to light the fire in the wood burning stove in the completed barn by a set afternoon deadline. On completion, some teams have used the barn for a party or dance; some even choose to sleep in it overnight.